Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program- Offered at Prevo Wellness
During this 12-month, CDC-recognized diabetes prevention program, you will:
- Potentially reduce your risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
- Receive support from your instructor, a trained lifestyle coach.
- Connect with others working on similar goals as you.
- Develop strategies for healthy eating and physical activity.
- Learn ways to manage stress.
These classes will meet for one hour weekly for the first 8 weeks, twice monthly for the second 8 weeks, then once monthly thereafter.
Eligible beneficiaries are those who:
- Are enrolled in Medicare Part B
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of at least 25, or at least 23 if self-identified as Asian
- Meet 1 of the following 3 blood test requirements:
- A hemoglobin A1c test with a value between 5.7 and 6.4%
- A fasting plasma glucose of 110-125 mg/dL, or
- A 2-hour plasma glucose of 140-199 mg/dL (oral glucose tolerance test)
- Have no previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes (other than gestational diabetes)
- Do not have end-stage renal disease (ESRD)